The mandate of the department
To function as a strategizing body for Ministry’s Technology and communication system and offer effective and efficient services to departments and the Units. Additionally, to function as a high quality, accurate and timely provider of Ministry’s information to the public by using all available forms of media and also ensuring Somaliland One-Stop Shop implementation strategy.
- Identify the ICT needs of the office of the ministry departments in consultation with other staff, communicating with users to formulate and produce a requirements specification to create system and software solutions.
- Develop and manage a database covering overall business operations and activities of the assigned institutions.
- Ensuring that Ministry systems are compatible with and other civil services IT applications
- Create, maintain and manage technical quality assurance processes and procedures to assess efficiency, validity, value, and functional performance of computer systems and environments
- Ensuring adherence to accredited internal and external industry quality standards and regulations
- Plan, organize direct, control, and coordinate the acquisition, development, maintenance, and use of ICT systems. Tasks will include:
- Analyzing information needs and specifying technology to meet those needs;
- Formulating and directing information and communication technology strategies, policies, and plans;